Voting is sacred to Steve McBride. He knows many people are disenfranchised from participating in our democracy because there are so many barriers to being able to vote. In 2004 when he found out it was past the date to transfer his registration to Radford, he drove all the way to Norfolk on Election Day to cast his first vote for president for John Kerry. He wants to work to make voting as easy as it is in North Carolina where they have same day no excuse early voting and people can register to vote at the same time.
Here are quick and easy links to help you exercise your right to vote in Virginia.
- The deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration, for the November 7, 2017 General Election is Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Verify you are registered to vote and view your voter-related information.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you is 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017. Your request must be received by your Registrar by 5:00 p.m. The deadline to request an absentee ballot by appearing in-person is 5:00 p.m. Saturday, November 4, 2017.
- Learn more about voting. When to vote, your voting location, sample ballot, and how to vote.
- The Virginia Election government voter outreach information.